The members of the editorial board of the international scientific journal “Corporate board: role, duties & composition" invite authors and experts in the field of corporate boards’ practices to cooperate. The major objective of the publication is the improvement of existing board practices and development of new ones and further dissemination of research results by enabling renowned and young researchers and practitioners to present their findings and share their experience. We are going to be a bridge between theory and practice of corporate boards. The major goals of the journal are:
- developing new, and improving existing corporate board practices ;
- facilitating improvement in accountability and transparency of corporate boards from both developed and developing countries;
- creating incentives and promoting corporate codes and guidelines concerning directors rights and duties;
- further discussion on the role of independent directors in corporate governance;
- facilitating development of the market for directors worldwide.
Key-topics of the Journal:
- Board models
- Directors’ duties and liabilities
- Directors’ independence
- Internal control
- Supervisory board
- Board size and continuity
- Remuneration and compensation issues
- Conflict of interests
- Board committees
- Board performance
- Gender diversity of the board
The participation of the well-known experts in the editorial board is a guarantee of the successful formation of the publication’s transnational spirit, a contribution to the development of corporate governance research on the international scale.
The journal is published three times a year. This makes it possible to introduce the latest findings to the wide public.
The journal is devoted to the problems in the corporate board practices appearing as a result of both well-known "separation of ownership and control" problem and new ones such as overcompensation of directors, lack of accountability, weak social responsibility.
The journal is aimed at researchers, lecturers, students of higher educational institutions, practitioners.
The editorial board will pursue a transparent policy in relations to their readers. The editorial board will welcome any proposals concerning the journal’s development.