Aims and scope of the journal
Since the expansion of the recent global financial crisis the recently established international journal Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutionshas become focused on market-based topics. The Journal has been established to publish high quality theoretical and empirical studies in risk governance and control with application to financial markets and institutions. Its distinctive focus is original, rigorous research with practical applications.
This includes the following areas of specialization:
- Risk governance and control in the private and public sectors;
- Finance, financial pricing, financial management;
- Economics of employee benefits, pension plans;
- Insurance and insurance regulation;
- Asymmetric information, moral hazard, and adverse selection;
- Econometric, actuarial, and statistical methodology;
- Stock market development and risks;
- Currency market development and risks;
- Market for banks development and risks;
- Financial innovations;
- Risk capital allocation and risk budgeting;
- Impact of risk measurement on portfolio allocation;
- Theoretical development of alternative risk measures;
- Hedging (linear and non-linear) under alternative risk measures;
- Credit risk and its valuation.
Starting with 2017 the journal became an open access with two options of publication: gold (immediate) or delayed (one year embargo period) open access. In this way we pay respect to our network and provide an opportunity to our authors to publish their papers in OA. All papers published in the Journal until 2017 can be moved to open access by the request of the authors starting in January 2018.
Delayed open access is a temporary measure to be available in 2017 in order to prepare our network of authors and subscribers for the complete move towards open access in 2018. During 2017 we expect to prepare our web page to publish all papers in 2018 in the open access.