International Centre for Banking and Corporate Governance
International Centre for Banking and Corporate Governance has a wide portfolio of research in the banking and corporate governance area in an international context. Recent research includes corporate governance practices in banks during financial crisis, bank directors’ remuneration, corporate governance developments on Central and Eastern Europe; banking regulation under financial crisis, banks and stock market.
The Centre has the following aims:
- To conduct and encourage high quality research in banking and corporate governance;
- To engage in interdisciplinary and cross-border research through collaboration with contacts worldwide;
- To consult with professional bodies, banks, corporations and other groups, on banking and corporate governance issues;
- To disseminate the research of the Centre as widely as possible through published research, presentations at conferences and seminars.
THE CENTER SPECIFICS
The Center has several specifics which make the Center unique:
- This is truly international Center. The Center was established by universities from various countries of the world: Ukrainian Academy of Banking (Ukraine) – the Center headquarter; Belgrade Banking Academy (Serbia); University of Ottawa Telfer School of Management (Canada); Anglia Law School (UK).
- The Center has an international board. There are members from many countries of the world including Germany, Canada, Ukraine, Serbia, the USA, the UK, Italy, Czech Republic.
- Members of the Center represent 26 countries of the world to deliver the truly international value to the Center research activity.
- Members of the Center are represented on the three level: the first – graduate students; the second - PhD students; the third – professors.
- The Center is governed by the Board of Directors. The board of directors is appointed by rector of the Ukrainian Academy of Banking as the base institution of the Center. Board of Directors has three kinds of members: ordinary members, with the voting right; honorable and advisory members with the advising right. The board reports to the rector of the Academy.
- Board of Directors directs the activity of the Center members. The members reports to the Board of Directors.
To find out more information on the Center, please visit this page.