At the beginning of the year publishing house “Virtus Interpress” together with the Virtus Global Center for Corporate Governance initiated a project of writing a book on corporate governance in emerging markets.
In globalized world investors, business leaders and researchers seek for the new markets to invest their money, create new cooperation and businesses or initiate research in order to understand unexplored issues better. Markets of the developed countries provide high level of competition and although reduce relevant levels of risks – provide comparatively low income margins. On the contrary, each year importance of the emerging countries rises and it is vital to be fluent in all peculiarities of the national corporate governance models. Our projects is aimed at gathering efforts of the leading experts on the various national markets in order to provide to business leaders, researchers and all interested parties the most up to date collection of the structured material on the national peculiarities of corporate governance in emerging countries.
The book project will be managed and edited by the representatives of the Virtus Global Center for Corporate Governance: Dr. Robert McGee, Dr. Khaled Hussainey and Dr. Yaroslav Mozghovyi.
We’ve already finalised the list of the contributors from more than 10 countries of the world, representing developing markets:
- Dr. Leszek Bohdanowicz, University of Lodz, Poland
- Dr. Ghada Tayem, The University of Jordan, Jordan
- Dr. Karen Watkins Fassler, UPAEP (Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla), Mexico
- Dr. Devinaga Resiah and Dr. Lim Qwee Peng, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Dr. Md. Abdur Rouf, City University, Bangladesh
- Dr. Ali Rashed Almutairi, College of Business Administration, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Dr. Muneer Almubarak, Ahlia University, Bahrain
- Dr. Sandra Damijan, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Dr. Fadhila Hamza, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Dr. Jackie Young and Mr J van Huyssteen, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr. Ekta Selarka, Madras School Of Economics, India
- Dr. Harit Satt, School of Business Administration, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco
The book will be published in December 2017.
Questions about the project can be addressed to Dr. Yaroslav Mozghovyi at mozghovyi[at]virtusgccg.org