As a result of agreement signed with German publishing House Scholar’s Press the new book entitled “Governance & Control in Finance & Banking: A New Paradigm for Risk & Performance” has been published. The editors’ team includes members of International Center For Banking And Corporate Governance professor Alexander Kostyuk, Olga Afanasyeva and Yaroslav Mozghovyi.
As part of one of the largest international publishing groups, Scholars’ Press provides high-quality academic publishing, including intercontinental marketing, production and distribution. The book is the result of the International Conference “Governance & Control in Finance & Banking: A New Paradigm for Risk & Performance” that took place in Paris (France) on April 18-19, 2013.
The book "Governance & Control in Finance & Banking: A New Paradigm for Risk & Performance" is devoted to the issues of corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, bank risk governance and assessment, central banking, mergers and acquisitions of banks. The authors’ team includes scientists of leading universities from Italy, France, Germany, Japan, Greece, South Africa and other countries, as well as research papers of members of International Center For Banking And Corporate Governance: Olga Afanasyeva, Yuliya Lapina and Yaroslav Mozghovyi.
The book will be distributed in global Internet bookshops, including Amazon, MoreBooks, Libri, Buchkatalog etc.
International Center For Banking And Corporate Governance plans to make practice of publishing books on the results of the conference regular.
The list of the authors is the following:
- Chapter 1: Reputation of Low-Quality Big 4 And Non-Big 4 Auditors: Evidence from Auditor Switches of Former Chuoaoyama Clients by Keisuke Chikamoto, Cheng Lu, Fumiko Takeda, Mariko Watanabe
- Chapter 2: Linear and Nonlinear Determinants of the Performance of Informal Venture Capitalists’ Investments. An Empirical Analysis by Vincenzo Capizzi
- Chapter 3: CSR – More Than Corporate Storytelling? by Udo Braendle, Yaroslav Mozghovyi
- Chapter 4: Risk Assessment and Control by Kameswari Peddada
- Chapter 5: Building the Foundations for a New Central BankD: Redefining Central Banks’ Missions in the 21st Century by Eric Pichet
- Chapter 6: A New Paradigm of Modern Central Banking by Aleksandra Szunke
- Chapter 7: Cross-Border M&A and Firm Value: Evidence from Chinese Acquisitions of Japanese Firms by Keisuke Chikamoto, Cheng Lu, Fumiko Takeda, Mariko Watanabe
- Chapter 8: Bank Mergers and Acquisitions in Greece & The State of Employees during the Economic Crisis by Electra Pitoska, Themistokles Lazarides
- Chapter 9: A Model for Selecting Non-Executive Directors: The Case of South African Banks by Ronald H Mynhardt
- Chapter 10: Corporate Scandal: Bad Apples or Bad Design of Corporate Environment, the Case of Proton Bank by Themistokles Lazarides
- Chapter 11: Values-Based Management in Cooperative Banks: Balancing Self-Perception with Public Perception? by Anna-Lena Kühn, Markus Stiglbauer, Ev Zschäckel
- Chapter 12: Multivariate Analyses of Factors Affecting Dividend Policy of Acquired European Banks by Matthias A. Nnadi, Sailesh Tanna, Bariyima Kabel
- Chapter 13: The Influence of Risk Governance and CRO on Financial Performance: The Empirical Analysis of World Biggest Investment Banks by Olga Afanasyeva, Tatiana Scherbina, Yulia Lapina