Concept of the conference
International online conference “CORPORATE GOVERNANCE: THEORY AND PRACTICE”, May 26, 2022
The upcoming event will be a platform for sharing ideas on new trends that are currently shaping the concept of modern corporate governance. The conference will focus on a variety of crucial issues of corporate governance, i.e., corporate ownership and control, earnings management, audit, corporate social responsibility and compliance, disclosure and transparency issues, financial reporting, board of directors’ practices, shareholders’ rights, etc. The main goal of the conference is to investigate key issues of current corporate governance theory and practice. The upcoming conference will therefore provide a platform for academics and practitioners to analyse recent trends and upcoming challenges in the following areas:
- Accounting systems, disclosure and transparency issues
- Bankruptcy, liquidation procedures
- Board of directors practices and performance
- Corporate governance in family firms
- Corporate governance in financial institutions
- Corporate governance of state owned enterprises (SOE) and their role in the society
- Corporate ownership and control
- Corporate social responsibility and compliance
- Development of financial markets and market for corporate control
- Directors’ duties and liabilities
- Earnings quality
- Environmental social governance disclosure
- Executive compensation and corporate governance
- IT governance and blockchain technology
- Laws, regulations and corruption
- Shareholder engagement and co creation
- Shareholder Right Directive and effects on corporate governance processes
- Shareholder voting and institutional behaviour
- Shareholders’ rights efficiency of judicial system and shareholder protection
- Social norms and cultural values
We invite the submission of theoretical and empirical studies that advance the understanding of the areas mentioned above and any other area related to corporate governance, even if not explicitly indicated.
Please submit an extended abstract of the paper (400-1000 words) or a full paper (up to 6000 words), including the title and affiliation by e-mail:
Olha Lytvynenko at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Kostyuk at email@example.com
Deadline for the full paper (or extended abstract) submission: April 20, 2022.
Deadline for notification of authors of accepted papers: May 10, 2022.
Click here to download call for papers.
To make a payment online please follow this link.
The complete webpage of the conference is available here.