Concept of the conference
International conference “CORPORATE GOVERNANCE: A NEW PERSPECTIVE IN SCHOLARLY RESEARCH”, Izmir, Turkey; October 11, 2018.
This conference is a platform for sharing ideas on new trends that are currently shaping the concept of modern corporate governance. The event will focus on a variety of crucial issues of corporate governance, i.e. earnings management, corporate control, audit, executive compensation, financial reporting, disclosure and transparency issues, shareholder rights, executive compensation, etc. The main goal of the conference is to investigate new perspectives and challenges of corporate governance and outline possible scenarios of its development.
The key topics will include:
- Ownership structure
- Mergers, acquisitions, restructuring
- Bankruptcy, liquidation procedures
- Corporate social responsibility and compliance
- Disclosure and transparency issues
- Corporate governance in family firms
- Corporate governance in financial institutions
- Corporate control
- Earnings management
- Managerial incentives
- Payout/dividend policy
- Financial reporting
- Board of directors’ practices
- Shareholders’ rights
- Shareholder activism
- Corporate political involvement and corporate governance
- Corruption, corporate governance and firm performance
- Corporate governance and firm performance
- Corporate Governance and performance of family firms
- Corporate governance and performance of the global firms
- International and comparative corporate governance
- Executive compensation
The conference fee is Euro 270.
We invite the submission of theoretical and empirical studies that advance the understanding of the areas mentioned above. Please submit the abstract of the paper (200 words), include the title and affiliation. The complete web page of the conference is available here.