Corporate Board: Role, Duties and Composition journal: Call for papers for the special COVID-issue
We would like to draw the attention of the experts in the sphere of corporate governance and board of directors that international peer-reviewed journal Corporate Board: Role, Duties and Composition announces a call for papers for the special COVID-issue (2020) of the journal.
The principal objective of this special issue is to invoke the discussion related to multiple themes of corporate boards including director and executive remuneration, accountability, responsibilities, board composition, directors’ independence, board decision making, board capital, risk management, corporate social responsibility, and others in the wake of COVID-19.
The research articles incorporating relevant theoretical/conceptual narrative and rigorous empirical analysis are ‘the best fit’ of the special COVID-issue (2020), nonetheless, theoretical/literature review articles having testable implications are also invited.
A possible topic may include, but is not limited to the following issues:
- corporate governance and board of directors: role, duties and composition;
- directors’ remuneration and corporate governance;
- independent directors’ practices;
- CEO and executive directors;
- board committees’ issues;
- risk management, disclosure and corporate governance;
- critique of neoliberalism and neo-Keynesian economic models and political imperatives;
- global corporate governance and board of directors’ practices;
- interactions between political governance and corporate governance;
- changing discourse of business and society;
- board behaviour and practices;
- multi-stakeholder practices including inter, and intra stakeholders’ conflicts;
- interactions between political institutions and corporate leadership;
- issues related to corporate finance and the relationship with corporate boards dynamics;
- changing spectrum of investors-institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, individual investors, and minority investors;
- corporate governance of family-owned businesses;
- governance and decision-making of state-owned enterprises;
- the role and influx of technology, board practices and decision-making;
- accountability issues of mainstream media and social media;
- environmental impact, interactions between environmental governance and corporate governance.
In order to get more information on whether your submission fits this special issue or to submit your paper, please feel free to contact the Guest Editor and the Editorial Team:
Deadline of submission: September 15, 2020
Click here to download call for papers.