Corporate Board: Role, Duties and Composition journal: Call for papers for the special COVID-issue (Updated)
We are delighted to announce that the deadline for submission to the special COVID-issue (2020) of the international peer-reviewed journal Corporate Board: Role, Duties and Composition has been extended upon requests of the authors who haven’t submitted their papers yet and due to the fact that some papers are still under review at the moment.
The principal objective of this special issue is to invoke the discussion related to multiple themes of corporate boards including director and executive remuneration, accountability, responsibilities, board composition, directors’ independence, board decision making, board capital, risk management, corporate social responsibility, and others in the wake of COVID-19.
This special issue invites relevant theoretical/conceptual and empirical articles making significant contribution in the wake of COVID-19 in the following fields:
- corporate governance and board of directors: role, duties and composition;
- directors’ remuneration and corporate governance;
- independent directors’ practices;
- CEO and executive directors;
- board committees’ issues;
- risk management, disclosure and corporate governance;
- critique of neoliberalism and neo-Keynesian economic models and political imperatives;
- global corporate governance and board of directors’ practices;
- interactions between political governance and corporate governance;
- changing discourse of business and society;
- board behaviour and practices;
- multi-stakeholder practices including inter, and intra stakeholders’ conflicts;
- interactions between political institutions and corporate leadership;
- issues related to corporate finance and the relationship with corporate boards dynamics;
- changing spectrum of investors-institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, individual investors, and minority investors;
- corporate governance of family-owned businesses;
- governance and decision-making of state-owned enterprises;
- the role and influx of technology, board practices and decision-making;
- accountability issues of mainstream media and social media;
- environmental impact, interactions between environmental governance and corporate governance.
In order to get more information on whether your submission will fits this special issue or to submit your paper, please contact the Guest Editor and the Editorial Team:
Deadline for submission: November 1, 2020
Click here to download the updated call for papers.