Major aim of the journal
The major aim of the journal is the publishing of the papers in the field of risk governance and control with a major, but not a sole focus on financial markets and institutions issues with prior securing the high standard of quality of the papers through managing the peer and blind reviewing of the papers and further dissemination of research results to make it beneficial both for the reading audience and the reputation of the authors of the papers.
Key-topics of the journal
- Risk governance and control in the private and public sectors;
- Finance, financial pricing, financial management;
- Economics of employee benefits, pension plans;
- Insurance and insurance regulation;
- Asymmetric information, moral hazard, and adverse selection;
- Econometric, actuarial, and statistical methodology;
- Stock market development and risks;
- Currency market development and risks;
- Market for banks development and risks;
- Financial management and innovations;
- Risk capital allocation and risk budgeting;
- Impact of risk measurement on portfolio allocation;
- Theoretical development of alternative risk measures;
- Hedging (linear and non-linear) under alternative risk measures;
- Credit risk and its valuation;
- Business risks;
- Financial markets;
- Risk management and cryptocurrency issues;
- Islamic banking;
- Venture risk management
Frequency of publishing
The journal is published quarterly.
Reading audience of the journal
The journal is aimed at researchers, lecturers, students pursuing a research in the field of risk governance and control.
Journal’s Open Access statement
Risk Governance and Control journal adheres to the BOAI definition of open access: that users have the right to "read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles".
We’ve uploaded in OA some issues of the journal in previous years, but starting with November 2017 the journal became completely open access. In this way we address respect to our network and provide an opportunity to our authors to publish their papers in OA.
Acceptance rate and turnaround time
Acceptance rate is the ratio of the number of articles submitted to the number of articles published. The acceptance rate for articles submitted in 2017 is 34 per cent.
‘Turnaround time’ is defined as the date from when a manuscript was first received by the journal to the date the author of the manuscript was provided with a first decision. Turnaround time for articles submitted in 2017 is 56 days.
History of the journal
Since the expansion of the recent global financial crisis the journal Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions has become focused on market-based topics. The Journal has been established to publish high quality theoretical and empirical studies in risk governance and control with application to financial markets and institutions. Its distinctive focus is original, rigorous research with practical applications and conceptual contributions.
The journal has been established in January 2011 by the publishing house Virtus Interpress to contribute to disseminating the results of high quality, blind peer-reviewed papers (research) worldwide.
ISSN - 2077-429X (printed version)
ISSN - 2077-4303 (online version)
Registered by Ministry of Justice of Ukraine № 22970-12870Р
The journal ownership
Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions journal is owned and published by the publishing house "Virtus Interpress".
Methods of journal’s finance and revenue sources
Methods of journals’ finance and revenue sources of the journal are article processing fees, institutional/organizational support, etc.