Major aim of the journal
The major aim of the journal is the publishing of the papers in the field of governance and regulation issues with prior securing the high standard of quality of the papers through managing the peer and blind reviewing of the papers and further dissemination of research results to make it beneficial both for the reading audience and the reputation of the authors of the papers.
Key-topics of the journal:
- Alternative corporate governance systems;
- Bank and financial company governance;
- Banking regulation;
- Islamic banking;
- Blockchain and regulatory initiatives;
- Corporate governance reforms and financial crises;
- Corporate law and financial crises;
- Corporate reporting regulation;
- Corporate social responsibility and corporate governance;
- Crowdfunding platforms, governance and regulation;
- Currency regulation;
- Decentralized autonomous Organization;
- Financial crises and regulatory strategy;
- Financial market regulation;
- Financial reporting regulation;
- Foreign trade regulation;
- Industrial companies regulation and governance;
- Innovation management;
- Institutional approach to the regulation and governance;
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- International regulatory institutions;
- Labour market regulation;
- Micro and macroeconomic effects of regulation
- Minority shareholder rights;
- Product market regulation;
- Social-economic outcomes of the regulatory reforms;
- State regulation;
- The impact of the digital revolution on corporate governance and regulation.
Frequency of publishing
The journal is published by the rolling model. This means, that as soon as a paper is accepted for publication, we initiate typesetting procedures. After the approval of the paper layout by the corresponding author, we add the paper to the current issue of the journal online. There are 4 issues of the journal per year. At the end of each season, we close the formation of the issue and publish contents of it online. After this, we publish the issue in print and start forming the next issue. Such model allows us to meet modern requirements of the research community for the timely publications. The authors, whose papers are accepted earlier do not need to wait for the complete issue to be formed, but their paper will be published online straight after the acceptance.
Reading audience of the journal
The journal is aimed at researchers, lecturers, students pursuing a research in the field of governance and regulation.
Journal’s Open Access statement
Journal of Governance and Regulation adheres to the BOAI definition of open access: that users have the right to "read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles".
We’ve uploaded in OA some issues of the journal in previous years, but starting with October 23rd 2017 the journal became completely open access. In this way we address respect to our network and provide an opportunity to our authors to publish their papers in OA.
Acceptance rate and turnaround time
Acceptance rate is the ratio of the number of articles submitted to the number of articles published. The acceptance rate for articles submitted in 2018 is 34%.
‘Turnaround time’ is defined as the date from when a manuscript was first received by the journal to the date the author of the manuscript was provided with a first decision. Turnaround time for articles submitted in 2018 is 44 days.
History of the journal
Since the expansion of the recent global financial crisis the recently established international Journal of Governance and Regulation has become focused on market-based topics. The Journal has been established to publish high quality theoretical and empirical studies in governance and regulation with application to both macro and microeconomic issues. Its distinctive focus is original, rigorous research with scholarly contribution and practical applications. We consider this publication as an effective instrument to put in order the debate around the reasonability of implementation of regulation or governance efforts worldwide.
The journal has been established in January 2012 by the publishing house Virtus Interpress to contribute to disseminating the results of high quality, blind peer-reviewed papers (research) worldwide.
ISSN - 2220-9352 (printed version)
ISSN - 2306-6784 (online version)
Registered by Ministry of Justice of Ukraine № 22969-12869Р
The journal ownership
Journal of Governance and Regulation is owned and published by the publishing house "Virtus Interpress".
Methods of journal’s finance and revenue sources
Methods of journals’ finance and revenue sources of the journal are article processing charges, institutional/organizational support, etc.